Anne steered me to a couple of costume sites I think you'll like.
- First is Take Back Halloween, a resource guide for unusual and quick costuming and especially for breaking out of the "Sexy _____" mold (read their About page).
- Second is Carbon Costume, another DIY costuming site with some innovative stuff going on. Some of their costumes are pretty pricey, though.
- At the other end of the spectrum, Cosplay Tutorial covers everything from make-up to PVC, from wig-making to LEDs. NOT a quickie-costume site, but if you want to seriously get into cosplay it's an amazing resource.
- Buzzfeed has a couple of surprisingly excellent pages for quick & easy costumes.
- Lilluna.com's page has many excellent ideas.
- And, last and least yet still great, the certifiably nutso costume ideas at Haunted In Hillsboro.
ETA: several more sites.
This entry was originally posted at http://filkertom.dreamwidth.org/1640463.html. You may comment there or here, although LJ tends to have a livelier conversation at this time.