The biggie was the double-shot of my Saturday concert, followed almost immediately by only the third public performance of The Rocky Horror Muppet Show. Surprisingly enough, despite my best efforts to the contrary, everything worked out great, and everybody seemed to have an excellent time. Thanks for putting up with me, guys.
So, many many thanks to the entire ConFusion staff, and to the staff of the Troy Marriott, both of which were fantastic. Special props to Jerr, and to Veronica at the front desk.
And so many thanks and hugs to the cast of the RHMS:
- Miss Piggy (Janet Wide) ... Peggi Warner-Lalonde
- Scooter (Brad Lieutenants) ... Will Frank
- Gonzo the Great (RaffRiff) ... Wyn Jones
- Annie Sue (Chartreuse) ... Lizzie Crowe
- Janice (Nicaragua) ... Robin Nakkula
- Dr. Strangepork (Dr. Eveready Von Schlock) ... David Stein
- Link Hogthrob (Porky Horror) ... Alan Dormire
- Fozzie Bear (Teddie) ... Peter Alway
- Sam The Eagle (The Criminologist) ... Mark Bernstein
- Rowlf the Dog ... Daniel Gunderson
- Statler ... Bill Roper
- Waldorf ... Howard Scrimgeour
- the Convention Security Person ... Sabrina Stein
- and Our Very Special Guest Star ... Jim C. Hines
And I have to tell you a funny story. The script of the RHMS calls for various and sundry (toy) implements of destruction, e.g., swords, chainsaws, etc. Will found a couple of glowy swords in the Dealer's Room for five bucks each -- multicolored, sound effects, exactly the right kind of tacky.
While having lunch Sunday, the dealer (I can't remember his name, I've got it, I'll post it later) came up to me and presented me with one of the swords. Turned out that, over the past four cons, he's sold one each, and his wife said this con he either sells 'em or dumps 'em. Well, sir, after they were prominent in RHMS, he sold out. A dozen each of his two models, and the last one he gave to me. I'll treasure it.
And I got to spend time with Anne and Leslie and Jim C. and Will and Lizzie, and Sarah Z. looks fantastic (I've always thought she looks better with glasses), and I was completely fooled by a costume when Jesus spoke and it turned out to be Shalla under the beard, and I got a pretty darn good quotient of hugs and two amazing bar-burgers, and the cosplay included two different TARDISes and an excellent Tenth Doctor and River Song and Toddler Darth fighting Toddler Harry Potter and the roving Pirate Party on Saturday night and and and.
And on Sunday I finally went home and basically collapsed until mid-Monday, and I still don't feel too great, but I'm working on it. And, oh, what an epic con.
How's by you?
This entry was originally posted at http://filkertom.dreamwidth.org/1481276.h